Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's been a long time ...

Well I can hardly believe it's a few days short of a year since I last posted. In that time I've gained a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults - CELTA - and since January I've been teaching at the Oxford English Academy in Cape Town, visit our website here.  For now, I'm not coaching privately although I plan to offer this again to a limited number of clients from next year. My old business website at www.learncommunication.co.za has been taken down and no longer exists.

I'm enjoying the focus on teaching English, although I've certainly been challenged on many levels in the last year.  The CELTA itself was pretty grueling, now the daily preparation of lessons and the feeling of being in unfamiliar territory and being stretched to the limits of my teaching abilities on some days is not always easy or comfortable. I've had to dig deeper and look more closely at my role as a teacher, what I want to achieve and what students need from a teacher. I've had the benefit of advice from brilliant teachers on the CELTA and now at the school where I work.  I think I'm becoming a better teacher, I hope so.

And there are other changes afoot besides a new job for me.  We've sold the house we've lived in for the last ten years and will be moving to Fish Hoek in the next month. New work and a new life at the seaside! So a new chapter begins just in time for the summer.

Thanks everyone for all the page views, I hope you found some information that was helpful. There's more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment